Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Back In The Groove

Well good morning! & Happy Monday to you.
I really think this weekend flew by. I am kind of glad because my weekends seem to have ZERO structure to them, and boy do I like structure. Anyways Friday I found a great job to apply for! A dietary aide at a rehabilitation and nursing health care center. I finished my cover letter and resume and will be sending it to them sometime today. Yah J There was a lot of cleaning this weekend, never-ending, continuous. Got to love the good old chores. I also read a 222 pg. book in 1 day. I highly recommend this book for a read. It’s called the 100 year diet, America’s voracious appetite for losing weight.
 Such a good read. The author Susan Yager mapped out the last century of crazy diets, weight loss schemes, and the discovery of the calorie. Yes the glorious calorie. I also found it interesting that back in the 1950s people were raving about reducing yet 13% of Americans were overweight. I think we dug ourselves into this obesity/anorexic/ weight obsessed hole. Yet there is hope!!!!
  What about people determining their own ideal weight. Do you think that’s a better plan? I personally know when my body feels right and when my pants are fitting a little too tight. I think it’s important for people to be educated about eating right and exercising, and then following through with the insight they have and striving to treat their body the best way they can. What about you?

Next up: My workouts…
I went hard last week Sunday-Wednesday sooo I took Thursday-Saturday off. It’s almost painful to type that. But I am trying to trust myself more. I knew I was going to start up again exercising just feels way too good! Sunday was cold, wet, and snowy. So I hit it hard on the treadmill. 4 miles seems to be my goal for a workout.
4.51 Miles
60:09 Minutes
474 Calories
Then. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I just got it in the mail! So excited to start.
I did level 1. Decent challenge. I didn’t get bored. I was just tired from running and I really wanted to curl up and sleep, but I persevered.
This morning I ate a packet of maple brown sugar oatmeal with 1 cup of berries and ½ cup of soy.
Then a soy latte. Yum. My sister and I & brookelynn & Ethan & Kayden (niece and nephews 2, 2 & 1 1/4 years old respectively) are going shopping today. Should be an adventure, these 3 kids are animals.
Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment